Sunday, 12 April 2015
The Liebster Award
It's been a while since I was nominated for any kind of blogger award, so I was a bit surprised to receive this one from Mithila Menezes, whose blog I recently discovered during the ongoing Blogging from A to Z Challenge. You should totally check her out, especially if you share a love for Harry Potter.
I've actually been nominated for this award twice before, by A Creative Exercise and Shreds & Shards, but I never got around to putting up an acceptance post for some reason. Better late than never I guess. To accept this award, recipients are required to answer 11 questions provided by the person who nominated them, as well as nominate 11 people and provide them with 11 questions of their own. And so, without further ado, here are my answers to Mithila's questions:
1. Give me one word which describes you.
2. Which is your favourite blog post till date? Provide a link to that one (A blog post that you have written)
Answer: The Origin of a Storyteller. http://www.michaelabayomi.com/2011/12/origin-of-storyteller.html
3. What is the one thing that you have to do every day?
Answer: Check my email.
4. Which is your favourite quote?
Answer: "Don't judge a book by its cover."
5. What is the one thing that you would love to do before you die?
Answer: Take over the world. [insert evil laughter here]
6. Which do you prefer - Chocolate or cheese?
Answer: Chocolate. I never for once was a fan of cheese.
7. Give me one word in the dictionary that you would love to remove and the reason why.
Answer: OMG. Simply because it's been used to death by teenage girls.
8. If you had a choice between- love, riches, fame, intelligence, which one would you select and why?
Answer: I'd go with riches, because of all the options, it is the only one that can actually pay the bills. :P
9. If you had the opportunity to change your blog name, what would you change it to?
Answer: FlyGuy_EvilOverlord666. Just Kidding. I think I like the current name as is.
10. Name your favourite blogger till date. (A blogger whose posts you love to read)
Answer: It's a three-way tie between Alex J. Cavanaugh, S. L. Hennessy and Tony Laplume. These are the people whose posts I tend to read before anybody else's.
11. Which do you prefer: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn? Why?
Answer: Facebook. It is my all-round, go-to social hub, where I connect with friends, family, and stay up-to-date with the things that I like. Twitter is a distant second. Instagram is a bit too restrictive for my liking. I never did quite manage to get a hang of Pinterest, and I use LinkedIn solely for work-related purposes.
And there you have them, my answers to Mithila's questions. Which means this is the part where I have to nominate 11 recipients. As stipulated by the rules, the nominees should be chosen from a pool of blogs with fewer than 200 followers, since the purpose of the award is to encourage recipients to connect with more blogs, or something like that, I'm not really sure at this point. Anyhoo, here is my list of nominees:
Tony Laplume @ Scouring Monk
Keren Amaechi @ Kays Fittings
Abati Adewale @ Kyd Evolution
Edward Hall @ Empire's 5-Star 500
Ayodeji Otuyelu @ Ripped Diaries
Luana Krause @ Skating Buffalo
Brandon Ax @ Writer's Storm
Mary Okeke @ Mary Okeke Reviews
Ayden K. Morgen @ Ayden K. Morgen
David List @ Regarding Silexare
Nana Prah @ Nana Prah
Phew. It wasn't easy coming up with this awesome bunch of 11 recipients, mainly because most of the bloggers in my circle already have more than 200 followers. And since I am not in the habit of handing out awards to total strangers in the name of meeting a quota, I had to really comb through the blogs in my feed reader. Right. Moving on, the questions for my nominees are as follows:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your greatest accomplishment since then?
3. Have you ever been trolled on the internet before?
4. When was the last time you cried because of something you saw in a movie?
5. Do you believe in magic?
6. Who's your daddy!?
7. No, really, tell me something about your father...?
8. While we're on the topic of parents, it wouldn't hurt for you to put in a word or two about your dear, old ma...?
9. Okay, I realize that wasn't technically a question, but how is any of that my fault?
10. Would you believe it if I told you that I've ran out of questions to ask?
11. How many fingers am I holding behind my back?
And that's all for now, folks. My thanks go out to Mithila Menezes once again for nominating me for this award. Don't forget to link back to my blog, for those of you who choose to accept the award, and to notify all your nominees through their blogs. And for those of you hopping over from the A to Z Challenge participants list, they'll be more A to Z goodness tomorrow, promise.